Welcome to northern-audax
This site is about the Chevy Chase Audax event.
Events are regulated by Audax UK
Many other shorter and longer distance events are in the Audax UK calendar
Starting from Walbottle Campus 2020
- You have to pass through control (check) points within set time limits
- You must be independent we offer no formal rescue service
- Most stops are cafes or services. some are halls staffed by volunteers
- The events are not races most riding will be in small social groups
- You can stop where and when you like so long as you do not have supporters on the route
- If friends or family wish to take part they are welcome to help at one of the stops
- To find your way we provide route directions and GPS tracks.
- Want to know more? - browse the rest of this site.
- Randoneurs are long distance cyclists randonée = journey
- Audax is a term generally used to refer to this type of event
- Audax UK is the association that regulates these events
|Saturday 2nd May||'Chevy Chase'||200Km||entries open|
About The Ride
The Chevy Chase 200 is a hilly route in Northumberland. Expect some challenging sections.
Route directions are provided on route sheets together with GPX tracks
Your 'brevet card'is used to record your control times:
Minimum speed is 15 and maximum 30 kilometres per hour including all rest stops.